Fergie retrofitted with a Perkins engine

When you have a very technical issue, let's try to ask John who is a real expert since he has spent more than 20 years of his life working on TE 20s !

In english here please

Modérateur: VINCENT

Fergie retrofitted with a Perkins engine

Message par dannyleloup » 11 Mars 2007, 11:31

Hi John,

Could you be kind enough by checking the different pictures attached here:

http://jdatain.free.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?p=16545#16545

and tell me if you know this engine? I saw in another forum that you gave your opinion about a A3-152 conversion (was it the same John, THE John we know? :lol: )

On the different pictures I took, the link between the engine and the clutch seems to be a really good job, probably not due to a home made conversion.

Were you aware about it?
dannyleloup
Ferguson SouthPark

Message(s) : 1361

Message par john » 11 Mars 2007, 14:43

Bonjour,
That engine doesn't look like a 3A-152 as there are a few differences, it could be a 3A-144 which would be more in keeping with the TE20 tractor.(less power) A 3A-152 would be too powerful and could cause damage to the rear axle, the P3 could cause damage if you had a rough operator so a 152 would be just too much for it. Perkins did a proper conversion for the P3/TE20 and when that engine finished they probably did the same with the new engine and that is why the housing between the Clutch and engine looks so good. The line drawing of the Perkins engine from an earlier posting was an AD3-152, look at the injectors, if they go into the Head at an angle it is a Direct Injection Engine, if they go in vertically it is an Indirect Injection model. The FE35 was available with the 144 engine for sale in Germany, France and Yugoslavia to be sold as a cheaper tractor.

Regarding me giving an opinion in another Forum about fitting a 152 in a TE20 I can't tell you because I don't remember, sorry!. :? which Forum was it....John
john
THE Ferguson Expert ;-)

Message(s) : 120

Message par dannyleloup » 12 Mars 2007, 15:29

Hello John,

thank you for the information.

The injectors go vertically in the head. So it could be the A3-144, in your opinion?

I was telling you about a post in Yesterday's tractor, it's here:

http://www.yesterdaystractors.com/ferg/messages/17815.html

best regards

dan
dannyleloup
Ferguson SouthPark

Message par john » 07 Juin 2007, 15:06

Bonjour Dan, Another email I have missed.....yes that was me on YT tractors going on about trying to fit a 3A-152 engine in a TE20 or TO20...not a good idea, the P3 was bad enough in the early tractors..John
john
THE Ferguson Expert ;-)

Message par dannyleloup » 09 Juin 2007, 11:00

By the way John, I've been told that the "TEY20", built for the Yugoslavian market, was equipped with the P3TA? Is it a true information? Is there any ferguson documents about it?
dannyleloup
Ferguson SouthPark

Message par john » 10 Juin 2007, 18:45

Bonsoir Dan, Yes there was a TEY with the Perkins P3TA engine, it was only made for Yugoslavia as far as we can tell, there were just under 2000 of them made. There is some connection here with IMT of Belgrade as they began making the FE35 under licence. There are no documents that I have been able to find that even mentions a TEY they just mention IMT and possible production. The TEY was just a TEA with the Perkins engine. There is an FE35 with either this engine or an engine that wasn't as tall as the P3 that was also sent to Yugoslavia, I would love to know just what engine it was, all that we do know is that the pre-fix was SNF this means it had a Perkins engine and this was dated 1st March 1957 which is two years before they fitted a Perkins for sale in Europe and before they had the 3A-152 engine ready, so just what it was we don't know yet. Anyone any answers to that one?....John

Bonsoir Dan, oui il y avait des TEY avec le moteur de Perkins P3TA, il a été seulement dirigé vers la Yougoslavie dans la mesure où nous pouvons dire, là étaient juste au-dessous de 2000 d'entre eux a fait. Il y a un certain raccordement ici avec IMT de Belgrade comme ils ont commencé à faire le FE35 sous le permis. Il n'y a aucun document que j'ai pu trouver qui mentionne même un TEY qu'ils mentionnent juste IMT et production possible. Le TEY était juste un THÉ avec le moteur de Perkins. Il y a des FE35 avec ce moteur ou un moteur qui n'était pas aussi grand que le P3 qui a été également envoyé en Yougoslavie, j'aimerait connaître au juste quel moteur il était, tous ce que nous savons est que le préfixe était des SOLIDES NON GRAS que ceci signifie qu'il a eu un moteur de Perkins et c'était le 1er mars daté 1957 qui est deux ans avant qu'ils ont adapté un Perkins à vendre en Europe et avant qu'ils ont eu le moteur 3A-152 prêt, tellement au juste ce qui était il nous ne savons pas encore. N'importe qui toutes réponses à cet one?....John
john
THE Ferguson Expert ;-)

Retour vers Contact THE expert