Question about painting look in the fifties

When you have a very technical issue, let's try to ask John who is a real expert since he has spent more than 20 years of his life working on TE 20s !

In english here please

Modérateur: VINCENT

Question about painting look in the fifties

Message par webmaster » 28 Mai 2006, 11:28

John

Interesting question from Rémi.

How did the fergies look like when comming out of the factory ? Was their painting as brilliant, "flashy" as the new paintings we can see nowadays after restoration ?
webmaster
Site Admin

Message(s) : 1358139
Localisation : PARTOUT ;-) Tracteur : ex : TEF20 1957 new : MF 235 1978 & MCormick 326D 1965

Message par john » 30 Mai 2006, 18:10

No certainly not, the paint was more of an "egg shell" finish, really by poor by todays standards. The tractors which they paint now are really good but then naturally paint has changed much during 50 years since the tractors were built. The tractors were spray painted by hand but the later 35' s were powder coated and they had a better finish. I saw that some that Christophe had done and they looked splendid.

Aucun certainement pas, la peinture était plus d'une finition de coquille d'oeuf, par des normes d'aujourd'huis tout à fait pauvres vraiment. Les tracteurs qu'ils peignent sont maintenant vraiment bons mais alors naturellement les peintures ont changé beaucoup au cours des 50 environ des ans depuis que les tracteurs ont été construits. Les tracteurs étaient jet peint à la main mais les 35's postérieurs étaient poudre enduite et ils ont eu une meilleure finition. J'ai vu que certains que Christophe a faits et eux regardez magnifique.
john
THE Ferguson Expert ;-)

Message(s) : 120

Message par Rémi » 30 Mai 2006, 20:36

Thanks for your "technical" answer! :wink:
My English is not very good but, I've very good marks at school :lol:
Rémi
Jedi & 1er post le + long

Message(s) : 1968

Message par webmaster » 05 Juin 2006, 12:08

New question, John ! :)

It seems that the grey bellow should be the right level of grey
I remember that you told me that the real grey was lighter that most of the grey we see when owners give new painting to their tractor.

What do you think ?

webmaster
Site Admin

Localisation : PARTOUT ;-) Tracteur : ex : TEF20 1957 new : MF 235 1978 & MCormick 326D 1965

Message par john » 07 Juin 2006, 16:57

I am sorry I thought I had replied to this one already, I know I read it... :D

I think I said that the tractors we see painted now are very much lighter than the original paint work, possibly through using the MF Light Grey as with the FE35. The correct grey is darker and you can get this paint now its called "Vintage Grey" and its in cans with Harry Ferguson Ltd on the label. It was made in UK for that market but it should be available in France if they would like to try and get it for you, I know sometimes they don't want to trouble themselves having to do that. But ask them anyway.
1-litre can, product code 3931028M5 and a 400ml aerosol, product code 3931928M7 The tractor below does appear to be the correct shade of Grey....Regards....John

Je suis désolé I ait pensé j'avais déjà répondu à celui-ci, je sais que je l'ai lu... :D
Je pense I dit que les tracteurs que nous voyons que peint maintenant soyez beaucoup plus léger que le travail original de peinture, probablement en employant le MF gris clair comme avec le FE35. Le gris correct est plus foncé et vous pouvez obtenir cette peinture maintenant son "cru appelé gris" et ses dedans bidons avec Ferguson Ltd de Harry sur l'étiquette. Elle a été fabriquée au R-U pour ce marché mais elle devrait être disponible en France s'ils voudraient l'essayer et obtenir pour vous, je savent que parfois ils ne veulent pas se préoccuper devant faire cela. Mais demandez-les de toute façon. le bidon 1-litre, le code produit 3931028M5 et 400ml un aérosol, le code produit 3931928M7 le tracteur ci-dessous semble être la nuance correcte du gris....Regards....John
john
THE Ferguson Expert ;-)

Message par webmaster » 07 Juin 2006, 19:40

:oops: :oops: :oops:
oupssssss

I had misunderstood !!!
webmaster
Site Admin

Message par john » 07 Juin 2006, 19:55

Bonsoir,
Is it any wonder we can misunderstand each other when we talk different languages.hahaha! :P We English are too lazy to learn your language..John

Bonsoir,
Est il n'importe quelle merveille que nous pouvons nous mal comprendre quand nous parlons languages.hahaha différent ! :P nous l'anglais sommes trop paresseux pour apprendre votre language..John
john
THE Ferguson Expert ;-)

Retour vers Contact THE expert